Recipe by looneytunesfan
Drizzled with white chocolate, fresh strawberries top a creamy vanilla pie, oh my!
Top Review by kaze_no_sennyo
Soooo tasty :) I made my own prebaked pie crust for this, and substituted glazed cherries (1 can bing cherries with the juice, 2 tsp almond extract, 1 tbsp cornstarch simmered) on top for the strawberries since my hubby doesn't like the freckle fruit too much. I also forgot to add the oil to the melted white chocolate and just tempered some chopped up girardelli white chocolate before making a mess of it by flinging it over the pie. It made really pretty thin strings of chocolate over the top, but made a mess of my kitchen at the same time. lol. I'll definitely make this again if I'm ever trying to impress.
- 1 pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box (from 15-oz box)
- 395.10 ml milk
- 4.92 ml unflavored gelatin
- 96.38 g box vanilla pudding mix (NOT INSTANT)
- 177.44 ml white vanilla baking chips
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- 946.0 ml fresh strawberries
- 44.37 ml white vanilla baking chips
- 9.85 ml vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450°F Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch glass pie pan. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, mix milk and gelatin; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in pudding mix. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Add 3/4 cup vanilla chips to pudding mixture; stir occasionally until melted. Place plastic wrap over surface of pudding; refrigerate 1 hour to cool.
- In small bowl with electric mixer, beat whipping cream on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of whipped cream into cooled pudding mixture. Fold in remaining whipping cream. Spoon pudding mixture into cooled baked pie shell, spreading evenly.
- Twist stems of strawberries to remove or use tip of sharp knife, being careful not to cut berries. Place strawberries, pointed ends up, on filling, gently pressing about 1/4 of each berry into filling.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat 3 tablespoons vanilla chips and oil over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Drizzle over strawberries. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or until serving time. Store in refrigerator.