Drizzled with white chocolate, fresh strawberries top a creamy vanilla pie, oh my!
Make and share this White Chocolate Strawberry Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box (from 15-oz box)
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla pudding mix (NOT INSTANT)
- 3⁄4 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons white vanilla baking chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 450°F Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch glass pie pan. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, mix milk and gelatin; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in pudding mix. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Add 3/4 cup vanilla chips to pudding mixture; stir occasionally until melted. Place plastic wrap over surface of pudding; refrigerate 1 hour to cool.
- In small bowl with electric mixer, beat whipping cream on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of whipped cream into cooled pudding mixture. Fold in remaining whipping cream. Spoon pudding mixture into cooled baked pie shell, spreading evenly.
- Twist stems of strawberries to remove or use tip of sharp knife, being careful not to cut berries. Place strawberries, pointed ends up, on filling, gently pressing about 1/4 of each berry into filling.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat 3 tablespoons vanilla chips and oil over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Drizzle over strawberries. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or until serving time. Store in refrigerator.