Prep 25 mins
Cook 22 mins
Perfect for a summer breakfast or brunch.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt (regular, low-fat, or nonfat)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the flour, white chocolate chips, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to a mixing bowl; whisk to combine; set aside.
- Add the strawberries with their juice, and the sugar to a food processor or electric blender.
- Process for 30 seconds, until the mixture is smooth.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add in the egg, yogurt, lemon zest, and vanilla.
- Pulse the blender/food processor for about 5 times or until the mixture is blended and uniform.
- Pour the strawberry mixture over the flour mixture.
- Stir with a wooden spoon just until the dry ingredients are incorporated (do not overmix).
- Pour mixture into muffin cups (that have been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray) until three-quarters full.
- Bake in a 400° oven for 22 minutes OR until the tops are browned and slightly rounded and pick comes out with a crumb or two attached.
- Place the pan on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and cool for 5 more minutes or wire rack.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight container or freezing.
These are tremendous muffins when you consider that the only added fat is in the egg and chocolate chips. Really moist and flavorful. I used fat free vanilla yogurt, left out the zest, and used regular chocolate chips as I had no white ones. Still great muffins. They don't have much strawberry taste; they are more chocolate muffins with the added benefit of the fiber from the strawberries. My only issue is that they are a strange color because of adding the pureed strawberry. I'll be making again!
I followed the recipe exactly. The texture was great & I got appx 55 mini-muffins cooked for 15 mins @ 350. But I didn't get much strawberry taste. It could have been the strawberries, but it wasn't as good as I hoped. However, my kids LOVE it!
NurseDi, I think your amount of servings is off on this recipe. I used a regular sized muffin tin and the recipe made 24 muffins. I even filled the tins three quarters full like the instructions said. Also, there was no temperature at which to bake these given in the instructions. I baked them at 350 and they were done within 15 minutes. The muffins were moist and the combination of strawberries and white chocolate was divine. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.