Recipe by Annacia
This is a wonderful way to take advantage of summer's best strawberries. I hope that you will all enjoy it. The strawberries need to sit in the sugar for hours to develop the juice so do plan ahead just a bit. I started the berries in the morning and made the loaf in the afternoon.
Top Review by Katzen
I love white chocolate, and I love strawberries (who doesn't!?), so this was a no brainer! So moist and tasty, too. I used organic Ontario strawberries, which were perfectly ripe in this - what a treat! I doubled the loaf, so it made a 9x5 loaf pan. Your tip about melting the white chocolate in a baggie is the best and most useful tip I've used recently - I'll definately use that often! Thanks Annacia, this is a great loaf! Made for PRMR Tag.
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 ounces white chocolate, chopped fine and divided
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil (or any vegetable)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon strawberry extract (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the sliced berries with the 2 tablespoons of sugar and put them in the refrigerator in a covered bowl for several hours or overnight to make them release their juice.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking soda, and salt and 1 ounce of the chopped white chocolate in a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oil, vanilla, strawberry extract (if using) eggs, strawberry slices and the juice.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into the flour mixture, and mix just until blended.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan (8 inches x 5 inches) and bake for approximately 40 minutes.
- FINISH: When the loaf has cooled melt the remaining 1/2 ounce of white chocolate in a small plastic bag in the microwave (should take 15-20 secs). Cut a small hole in the corner on the bag and squeeze the chocolate onto the loaf in any pattern you like.