Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
None of my siblings like chocolate and I wanted to introduce them to scotcharoos, so here's what I came up with. An easy version of the original :)
- 236.59 ml corn syrup
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 236.59 ml peanut butter
- 1419.54 ml crispy rice cereal
- 4-5 piece almond bark, candy coating
- 236.59 ml butterscotch chips
- Measure out rice crispy cereal and set aside in large bowl.
- In saucepan combine sugar and corn syrup. Bring just to simmer, then add the peanut butter and stir. Do not let mixture boil.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal and stir quickly making sure that all cereal is evenly coated.
- Spread mixture into a 9x12 greased pan and flatten out evenly using greased spatula or hands.
- Combine almond bark and butterscotch chips in saucepan and melt over a double boiler stirring constantly. When melted pour over peanut butter mixture and spread evenly across top.
- Let set before cutting into squares.
Made these for my other half to take to work & share, & am glad I kept 4 out of the batch I sent off, 'cause they were all gone within several hours! These wonderful tasties are easy enough to prepare & satisfying for any sweet tooth! Did add one thing to all of this, however ~ I also melted (separately) 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips & drizzled that over the melted butterscotch chips, swirling it around a little before letting it all set! Thanks for a very nice keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]