Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are sweet scones and I just adore them with the raspberry jam and whipped cream. A decadent treat!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cold
- 1 large egg
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 4 -6 ounces white chocolate chips
- raspberry jam
- whipped cream
- Lightly grease a baking pan and preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and incorporate into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter, or a fork, until evenly incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and buttermilk together and stir lightly into the flour mixture.
- Mix in the chips.
- Knead dough together, just until mixed.
- This is a fairly wet dough-do not add too much flour or handle too much or the scones will get tough.
- On a lightly floured surface, pat or roll the dough out to about 1-inch thick.
- Cut with a round 2-inch floured cookie cutter.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake about 15 minutes, or until scones are a light golden brown.
- Serve with jam and whipped cream.
These were sweet and yummy with a cup of coffee this afternoon. I added a handful of dried Crazens to the mix and a splash of vanilla. I brushed the tops with half and half before baking. We served the scones with English Double Devon Cream on top and coffee. Delicious!