Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Use premium white chocolate; not white baking chips. Excellent served over ice cream.
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 lb white chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons white Creme de Cacao
- Add the cream and butter to a small saucepan.
- Place the pan over low heat until the butter melts and the cream comes to a simmer (stir frequently).
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate in a bowl, stirring until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the vanilla and creme de cacao; serve warm or at room temperature.
- **White Chocolate Almond Sauce--substitute amaretto for the creme de cacao; optional--add 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds to the finished sauce.
- **White Chocolate Rum Sauce--add 3 Tablespoons gold rum or coconut rum to the finished sauce.
This sauce is rich and delicious! I didn't use the creme de cacao instead I substituted almond extract.
This is GREAT! I did use baking chips, because it was way cheaper, and it turned out wonderful still. I didn't use the creme de cacao either. We used this to make a white chocolate moca similar to starbucks. It also taste great in some warm milk for the kids. Thanks