Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are extremely yummy...You have to try them! So easy and so good. If white chocolate is not what your into, milk or semisweet will work just as well!
- 16 ounces white chocolate or 16 ounces white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening or 1⁄4 block paraffin wax
- 3 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- Melt chocolate and shortening or wax over a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Stir until smooth and combined.
- Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in pretzels and nuts and spread into a buttered 15 x 10 inch pan.
- Chill 20 minutes or until firm and then break into pieces.
- Store in airtight container in a cool place.
Loved this! I did the microwave method & slightly broke up the pretzel sticks as I stirred them into the white chocolate. I used a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet instead of a greased pan. Next time I will drop by spoon into individual candies as I didn't like seeing the "bare" pretzels when breaking up the large piece of candy.
This was really good. Seems like a great thing to make around the holidays or to give as gifts. I think made with cashews it would earn 5 stars!!