Recipe by Baby Kato
This is a nice bundt cake. Quick and easy to make, with a beautiful texture and excellent flavour.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I enjoy making bundt cakes & this one is no exception! My only regret is that it was made for some house-bound friends so they got to eat most of it [I cut a slice for myself before delivering it, of course, only to make sure it was PROPERLY taste-tested]! The roasted nuts gave a nice touch to the chocolate & orange flavors, & it goes without saying that I used more orange zest than was called for in the recipe! OUTSTANDING on all fronts! Thanks for posting it!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, soft
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar or 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups cake flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 white chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup candied orange peel, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup roasted pecan, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 2 white chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 1 cup icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and eggs to the butter mixture, one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- In a medium sized bowl add the flour, baking soda, salt, and orange rind together and set aside.
- Now in a small bowl add the sour cream and orange juice together.
- Add the flour and juice mixtures to the egg butter mixture, alternating and starting and ending with the flour mixture, until well blended.
- Add the white chocolate, candied orange peel and roasted pecans to the cake batter.
- Pour into pan and bake in a 325 degree oven for 50 - 60 minutes or until tested done.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes, remove and cool on wire rack while you make the glaze.
- Melt chocolate & orange juice in microwave on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Sir until all chocolate is melted.
- Add the icing sugar and orange rind mix until smooth.
- Drizzle over cake.