Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a nice bundt cake. Quick and easy to make, with a beautiful texture and excellent flavour.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, soft
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar or 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups cake flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 white chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup candied orange peel, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup roasted pecan, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 2 white chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and eggs to the butter mixture, one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- In a medium sized bowl add the flour, baking soda, salt, and orange rind together and set aside.
- Now in a small bowl add the sour cream and orange juice together.
- Add the flour and juice mixtures to the egg butter mixture, alternating and starting and ending with the flour mixture, until well blended.
- Add the white chocolate, candied orange peel and roasted pecans to the cake batter.
- Pour into pan and bake in a 325 degree oven for 50 - 60 minutes or until tested done.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes, remove and cool on wire rack while you make the glaze.
- Melt chocolate & orange juice in microwave on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Sir until all chocolate is melted.
- Add the icing sugar and orange rind mix until smooth.
- Drizzle over cake.
I enjoy making bundt cakes & this one is no exception! My only regret is that it was made for some house-bound friends so they got to eat most of it [I cut a slice for myself before delivering it, of course, only to make sure it was PROPERLY taste-tested]! The roasted nuts gave a nice touch to the chocolate & orange flavors, & it goes without saying that I used more orange zest than was called for in the recipe! OUTSTANDING on all fronts! Thanks for posting it!
BK, what a wonderful recipe to break in the bundt pan my daughter gave me for Christmas. The texture of the cake is nice and light, and the flavors of the toasted pecans, white chocolate, and orange blend together perfectly. I must admit I added extra zest to the cake batter... I did omit the glaze (though it sounds heavenly) as I feared it would make the cake to sweet for my one daughter and I. My other daughter just gave the cake a light dusting of confectioners sugar before we brought it to the table. I will definitely be making this cake again. Made and reviewed for the 48th AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.