Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My obsession with risotto continues ... and it has led me to this marvelous recipe from Jason Weaver, chef at the Adolphus French Room in Dallas.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Scrape the vanilla bean into the butter and combine. Add the rice and saute for a minute or two.
- Add the sugar and one-third of the half-and-half. Cook, stirring constantly, until most of the half-and-half has been absorbed.
- Add the second third of the half-and-half; cook, stirring constantly, until most of it is absorbed by the rice.
- Continue adding the remaining half-and-half in small portions, stirring and waiting for the liquid to be absorbed between each addition.
- When rice is nearly finished, drain the cherries (reserving the alcohol) and add to the rice. Add the white chocolate and stir until completely melted and combined.
- Once the white chocolate has melted, do NOT put it back on the heat. Serve immediately, with a splash of heavy cream if it suits you.