My obsession with risotto continues ... and it has led me to this marvelous recipe from Jason Weaver, chef at the Adolphus French Room in Dallas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Scrape the vanilla bean into the butter and combine. Add the rice and saute for a minute or two.
- 2Add the sugar and one-third of the half-and-half. Cook, stirring constantly, until most of the half-and-half has been absorbed.
- 3Add the second third of the half-and-half; cook, stirring constantly, until most of it is absorbed by the rice.
- 4Continue adding the remaining half-and-half in small portions, stirring and waiting for the liquid to be absorbed between each addition.
- 5When rice is nearly finished, drain the cherries (reserving the alcohol) and add to the rice. Add the white chocolate and stir until completely melted and combined.
- 6Once the white chocolate has melted, do NOT put it back on the heat. Serve immediately, with a splash of heavy cream if it suits you.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.9
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.0 mg
- Sodium 59.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: