This is a recipe that I got out of a Texas Co-op magazine. It won the Holiday baking grand prize. I have not tried it, but intend to. Thank goodness for Zaar, my personal recipe box!
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 -3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a large bundt pan. To prepare filling, place white chips in microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until chips are melted. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla into melted chips. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Beat in eggs, one at a time then continue beating for one minute until mixture is light. Stir in pumpkin. By hand or on low speed, stir in flour mixture.
- Pour 1/3 of cake mixture into bundt pan. Pour filling over that, keeping filling away from the sides of the pan. Pour remaining batter over the filling. Bake 55 minutes or until cake pulls away from sides of pan. Let cake cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cake should cool completely before glazing.
- To prepare glaze, stir together powdered sugar, maple syrup, maple extract and 2 tablespoons of cream and salt. Beat until smooth. If glaze is too thick, use remaining tablespoon of cream. Drizzle over cooled cake. Store cake in refridgerator.
Wow. This cake was very good and everyone loved it. It is a very moist, dense cake. Almost like a pound cake. Like another review said about melting the chocolate and mixing it in with the cream cheese, it got hard quickly and stuck to the bowl. Next time I might just put the cream cheese in and then sprinkle the chocolate chips in and maybe chop them up real fine first. I will make this cake again. Thanks for sharing.
I used Ghirardelli white chocolate chips and by the 3rd 30-second microwaving, the chocolate was easily stirred by a rubber spatula. I also soften the cream cheese in the microwave for 20-30 seconds, and they both blended nicely. If you are trying to work with cool product, I expect you are having trouble. I used frozen home cooked pumpkin, but next time I think I will use canned in order to capture the denser flavor that canned pumpkin offers. Overall, a very good recipe. Five Stars.
Delicious cake! Was hard to blend the cream cheese & chocolate, but it all baked together fine. The 2nd time I made it, my husband chopped the chocolate very fine & then I just mixed it into the cream cheese. I also substituted milk for the heavy cream since I don't keep heavy cream on hand & it only called for a bit. This is a great fall cake :) Not too "pumpkin-y" & everyone loves it!!