Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was the signature dessert of Collet's Cafe, our favourite restaurant here in town. Unfortunately it went out of business...and we are left searching for a restaurant...and are unable to find one which equals this gem! This desert is VERY decadent...but a treat on special occasions. (Prep. Time: does not include 1 hr. cooling time for mousse)
- 5 ounces dark semi-sweet chocolate, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup 35% cream
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 ounce Tia Maria
- 16 ounces white chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- Place chocolate, cream and butter into a plastic bowl and melt in microwave for about 3 minutes.
- Add Tia Maria and blend thoroughly.
- Cool in refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate on medium heat in microwave for about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and blend in corn syrup.
- Knead until all the cocoa butter has been removed.
- Divide in half and roll out into two flat sheets.
- Using knife, score one sheet into 2 1/2" squares.
- Using a teaspoon put a small amount of Tia Maria mousse into the centre of each square.
- Very carefully, place second sheet of chocolate over the first sheet of chocolate.
- Push chocolate down to seal the edges of ravioli.
- Using finger tips press edges to seal.
- Cut with a ravioli cutter or sharp knife.
- DO NOT REFRIGERATE.
- Will keep at room temperature for 3 days.