Recipe by Lambkyns
This was the signature dessert of Collet's Cafe, our favourite restaurant here in town. Unfortunately it went out of business...and we are left searching for a restaurant...and are unable to find one which equals this gem! This desert is VERY decadent...but a treat on special occasions. (Prep. Time: does not include 1 hr. cooling time for mousse)
- 5 ounces dark semi-sweet chocolate, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup 35% cream
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 ounce Tia Maria
- 16 ounces white chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chocolate, cream and butter into a plastic bowl and melt in microwave for about 3 minutes.
- Add Tia Maria and blend thoroughly.
- Cool in refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate on medium heat in microwave for about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and blend in corn syrup.
- Knead until all the cocoa butter has been removed.
- Divide in half and roll out into two flat sheets.
- Using knife, score one sheet into 2 1/2" squares.
- Using a teaspoon put a small amount of Tia Maria mousse into the centre of each square.
- Very carefully, place second sheet of chocolate over the first sheet of chocolate.
- Push chocolate down to seal the edges of ravioli.
- Using finger tips press edges to seal.
- Cut with a ravioli cutter or sharp knife.
- DO NOT REFRIGERATE.
- Will keep at room temperature for 3 days.