Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Pillsbury Bake-Off 1992. Sounds like a great recipe.
Make and share this White Chocolate Raspberry Torte recipe from Food.com.
- 16 ounces coarsely chopped white baking bar or 2 1⁄2 cups white vanilla chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or 1 cup frozen raspberries, without syrup, thawed, drained on paper towels
- 2⁄3 cup coarsely chopped sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar, if desired
- Heat oven to 350. Lightly grease and flour bottom and sides of 9 or 10 inch springform pan.
- In medium saucepan over low heat, melt 8 oz. of the white baking bars and butter, stirring constantly until smooth. Cool slightly.
- In large bowl, beat eggs on high speed until light lemon colored, about 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar, beating until thickened and very light yellow. By hand, fold in flour, salt, almond extract, melted white chocolate and remaining 8 oz. of chopped white baking bars. Fold in raspberries. Spread in greased and floured pan. Sprinkle with almonds; press lightly.
- Bake at 350 for 55-65 minutes or until top is golden brown and springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool 30 minutes. Remove sides of pan; cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Using wire whisk, beat in powdered sugar until smooth. Drizzle glaze over top of torte; allow to set. Serve at room temperature. Store in refrigerator.