Recipe by Dessertcher
I got this recipe out of the LCBO Food and Drink booklet a few years ago. I thought I would post it now since Raspberry season is soon here. A decadent tart that is especially easy to make. The mascarpone gives it a slight bite which makes it seem less rich when you eat it.
Top Review by bitch'n kitchen
WOW!!! This is an extraordinary pie. Every time I make it people want the recipe. It is shockingly simple and yet soooo delicious. I just make my regular pie crust and precook it as pr directions. I also try to get large raspberries so they peek through the top of the custard. I would not substitute the mascarpone cheese. Its expensive but so worth it. The fresh raspberries are the perfect partner to this delicious sweet and creamy desert. Definitely one of the best pies I have ever made.
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 lb white chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 cups raspberries
9 inches baked pie crusts
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- For Crust:.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Cut the butter into 1-inch (2.5-cm) cubes.
- Combine the flour and sugar in a large bowl. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs. Combine egg yolks and lemon juice. Add to flour mixture and blend well.
- Roll out or pat the pastry until 1/8 inch (3 mm) thick. Place in a 9-inch (23-cm) flan pan. Trim off excess and prick the pastry with a fork.
- Bake blind for 15 minutes in the lower third of the oven. Remove the pie weights. Bake for a further 5 minutes to partially bake the crust. Or another 10 to 15 minutes to fully bake the crust.
- For Filling:.
- Bring cream to boil in large pot over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in white chocolate until melted and smooth.
- Stir in mascarpone cheese until mixture is smooth and uniform.
- Pack raspberries in a tight layer over base of tart shell. Pour over chocolate mixture covering berries evenly. Refrigerate for 3 hours. Shave dark chocolate over tart if desired.