1 hr 15 mins
Oooohhh to be eating this ice cream right now! What a wonderful, creamy, berry berry good experience it is to eat this ice cream. The last time I made it I ate the whole batch in one day. tehehe. Once for breakfast, once for lunch, and then dessert after dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 7 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped into smal pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the raspberry ripple sauce
- 1To prepare the Sauce: Press the raspberries and their syrup through a sieve into a saucepan.
- 2Add the corn syrup, lemon juice, and cornstarch mixture.
- 3(If using preserves, omit the cornstarch mixture, but add the water.) Bring to a boil, stirring often, then simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- 4Pour into a bowl and cool, then chill For the Ice Cream: In a saucepan, combine the milk and 1 cup of the cream and bring to a boil.
- 5Beat the yolks and the sugar in a bowl with a hand-held electric mixture for 2-3 minutes, until thick and creamy.
- 6Gradually pour the hot milk mixture over the yolks and return to the pan.
- 7Cook over medium heat until the custard coats the back of a wooden spoon, stirring constantly Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the white chocolate until melted and smooth.
- 8Pour the remaining cream into a large bowl.
- 9Strain in the hot custard, mix well, then stir in the vanilla.
- 10Cool, then transfer the custard to an ice-cream maker and freeze it according to the manufactor's instructions When the mixture is frozen, but still soft, transfer 1/3 of the ice cream into a freezerproof bowl.
- 11Set half the raspberry sauce aside.
- 12Spoon a third of the remaining sauce over the ice cream.
- 13Cover with another 1/3 over the ice cream and then more sauce.
- 15With a knife or spoon, lightly marble the mixture.
- 16Cover and freeze.
- 17Let the ice cream soften for 15 minutes before serving with the remaining sauce.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (1418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 959.0
- Calories from Fat 645
- Total Fat 71.6 g
- Saturated Fat 42.3 g
- Cholesterol 473.9 mg
- Sodium 140.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 56.5 g
- Protein 12.5 g