Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
This recipe is from Sara's Secrets on the Food Network. I saw it and thought it looked really yummy! Let me know how it turns out!
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces fine quality white chocolate
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- fresh raspberry
- mint sprig
- Make crust: Finely grind almonds and crumbs in a food processor.
- Add butter, blending until combined.
- Press over bottom and 2/3 up side of a 10-inch springform pan.
- Make filling: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or a large metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring until smooth, and remove from heat.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy.
- Beat in sugar.
- Add whole eggs and yolks, 1 at a time.
- Beat well at low speed and scrape down bowl after each addition.
- Beat in flour and vanilla until just combined.
- Add melted chocolate in a slow stream, beating until filling is well combined.
- Arrange berries in 1 layer over crust and pour filling into crust.
- Bake in middle of oven until cake is set 3 inches from edge but center is still wobbly when pan is gently shaken, 45 to 55 minutes.
- (You can also test the doneness of a cheesecake with a thermometer. The internal temperature should be 160 to 165 degrees F.).
- Run a thin knife around edge of cake to loosen, then cool completely in pan on a rack.
- (Cake will continue to set as it cools.) Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Cheesecake can be made 3 days ahead and chilled, covered.
I have made this cheesecake, which I got from a Food Network Show as well, and let me tell you it is FABULOUS!! One smal difference is the reicpe I followed had Amaretto in it as well. It is a VERY impressive cheesecake, in fact, the two times I made it and brought it to parites, NOBODY believed that I had made it....they all thought It was professionaly made and bought! LOL
This is a fantastic recipe! I created an account just to review it. It's easy to make, absolutely delicious, and it comes out beautifully every time. It's a definite crowd-pleaser, I've never had any comments but rave reviews. It's easy to put together and it looks quite nice when plated. Make sure to mix it thoroughly without over-beating it, and don't forget the parchment paper, the bottom of the crust burned the one time I did (everyone still ate it and loved it!). This cheesecake has become one of my go-to recipes when I want to bake to impress. Its easy to make, comes out beautifully and looks gorgeous when cut into slices. One of my favorite recipes now!