Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cookies are lovely for showers and the holidays.
- 11 ounces white chocolate (11 squares)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam
- 2 ounces dark chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the top of a double boiler over hot water melt 4 squared of white chocolate-set aside.
- Coarsely chop 4 squares of the chocolate and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the butter, baking soda, salt and eggs together.
- Slowly add the melted chocolate and beat until creamy.
- Gradually stir in the flour, chopped chocolate and almonds.
- Stir until well incorporated.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on baking sheets 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the pre-heated oven.
- You want the edges a light golden brown.
- Remove and coolon racks.
- In a small pan melt the jam.
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon on each cookie.
- Melt the remaining 3 squares of chocolate and drizzle over the jam covered cookies.
- **Youcan use dark chocolate if you wish, it's nice when half the cookies are drizzled with white chocolate and the other half with dark chocolate.