Recipe by Chabear01
I found this recipe on a 3x5 card at the Super Wal-Mart near my nephews, and am posting it so that I can find it for next Thanksgiving. This is a recipe I simply cannot wait to try, and am hoping to make it up before the holidays to make sure it is as absolutely decandent as it sounds.
- 25 gingersnap cookies (2 cups or 25 2-inch cookies)
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup cooked pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For crust place cookies in large food processor; process into fine crumbs. Add 2 tablespoons of the sugar and melted butter; process just until combined. Press into bottom of 9 -inch springform pan; set aside.
- For filling place cream cheese and 1 cup of the sugar in food processor; process until smooth. Add pumpkin, melted chocolate, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg; process until combined. Pour into crust-lined pan. Place springform pan in shallow baking pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken. Remove; cool on wire rack 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for Almond Topping combine almonds, 2 tablespoons butter and 1 teaspoon sugar in food processor; cover and process until combined. Spread evenly in shallow baking pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until toasted, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle almond topping on cheesecake. Loosen and remove sides of springform pan. Cool cheesecake 1 hour more. Cover loosely; chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- ** Cool and chill time extra and not included in prep or cooking time.