Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The most perfect balanced buttercream you will ever make! Absolutely the BEST frosting ever!!! Source- wherefloursbloom.com
- 1 (3 5/8 ounce) boxhershey's instant white chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk, cold, plus extra for thinning
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup shortening (can use all butter if desired)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whisk pudding with milk in a small bowl. Set aside in fridge or freezer until thick/solid; about 3 minutes; it’s not very long.
- Meanwhile beat butter & shortening in a bowl with a hand mixer. Add vanilla & thickened pudding. Blend until combined.
- Add powdered sugar & blend again.
- Add milk, 1 Tbsp at a time until desired consistency is achieved. (I added about 3 to 4 Tablespoons.
- Fill pastry bag & pipe icing onto cupcakes or spread with a spatula onto a round cake.
- Makes about 2 1/2 to 3 cups frosting. **Use promptly after freshly being made. If prepared beforehand: thin with additional milk to a spreadable consistency. Keep refrigerated.
is the shortening a powdered one (like starch) or it can be a veggie shortening in cube?
This is delicious!! Thanks for the wonderful recipe :)