Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a yummy-sounding recipe from "The Cake Mix Doctor" By Ann Byrn. These loaves would make very nice gifts.
- 6 ounces white chocolate, coarsley chopped
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packageplain white cake mix
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350. Lightly mist three 8 inch loaf pans with vegetable oil spray, then dust with flour. Shake out excess flour.
- Heat the white chocolate in saucepan over low heat until melted, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place cake mix, melted butter, milk, eggs, vanilla and slightly cooled white chocolate in mixing bowl. Blend with mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Stop machine and scrape down sides of the bowl. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping down sides again, if needed. The batter should look well blended. Divide batter evenly among the prepared pans. Place pans in oven.
- Bake the loaves until they are light brown and spring back when lightly pressed with yout finger, 40-45 minutes. Remove pans from oven and cool on wire racks for 10 minutes. Run a dinner knife around the edge of the loaves and invert them onto racks. Turn on one side and let cool completely, 35-40 minutes, before serving.
This was made by me because I had all the ingredients on hand and needed to bake for church. I am sorry I used this one; it was not tasty at all and I had also added almond flavoring with the vanilla to guarantee a better flavor. This is the first time I have ever had part of a cake left after a church dinner. For a pound cake, I will use the The Ultimate Buttery Cream Cheese Pound Cake # 78552, as it was the best recipe for the #1 pound cake I have ever made. Maybe it was the DH cake mix I used; who knows?
I made this using a yellow cake mix and white chocolate chips, it was all I had on hand. It worked great. I baked it in a tube pan for 1 hour, and frosted it with a mlik chocolate ganache. What a lovely, tall, dense, moist & flavourful cake. I will definitely be making this quick and easy pound cake again. Thanks so much for sharing Courtly Schrock.