Recipe by Courtly
This is a yummy-sounding recipe from "The Cake Mix Doctor" By Ann Byrn. These loaves would make very nice gifts.
Top Review by Gail S.
One of the best cakes that I have ever made,followed Baby Kato review since I had the yellow mix and white morsels, it was so very good, I did not even use any icing. Note I only needed to bake for 50 minutes in my bundt pan. No picture since it was ate before I thought of it :0)
- 6 ounces white chocolate, coarsley chopped
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packageplain white cake mix
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350. Lightly mist three 8 inch loaf pans with vegetable oil spray, then dust with flour. Shake out excess flour.
- Heat the white chocolate in saucepan over low heat until melted, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place cake mix, melted butter, milk, eggs, vanilla and slightly cooled white chocolate in mixing bowl. Blend with mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Stop machine and scrape down sides of the bowl. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping down sides again, if needed. The batter should look well blended. Divide batter evenly among the prepared pans. Place pans in oven.
- Bake the loaves until they are light brown and spring back when lightly pressed with yout finger, 40-45 minutes. Remove pans from oven and cool on wire racks for 10 minutes. Run a dinner knife around the edge of the loaves and invert them onto racks. Turn on one side and let cool completely, 35-40 minutes, before serving.