Recipe by Shannon Cooks
I know it sounds a little odd....potato chips in cookies? Don't knock it until you've tried it! It is an amazing combination, especially when you pair the salt of the chips with white chocolate...scrumptious! Use ridged potato chips (such as Ruffles) for best results. (I am not sure of the correct yield of this recipe...I am guessing about 2 dozen but I could be wrong)
Top Review by MA HIKER
These are good! I think I would like to try them with bittersweet chips next time as white are not my favorite. I liked the crunch and the little bit of salt flavor with the sweet! Thanks! ZWT 2007
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces white chocolate chips
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups coarsely crushed ridged potato chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Sift flour and baking soda and stir into creamed mixture.
- Add crushed potato chips and white chocolate chips. Stir to integrate fully.
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto GREASED cookie shhet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.