Recipe by Grimm's Restaurant Tales
When I was in 4th grade my bestfriend Nicole's grandmother made us this one night. Im 23 now, and i've never forgotten it. I think the "cool" part is that once it dries you really can't tell that the chocolate is on there. It's a fantastic surprise.
- 6 ounces of nestle white chocolate chips
- 2 (3 1/3 ounce) bags popcorn (Stay away from the buttery kind)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. (Watch it closely if you use the microwave).
- Microwave 2 bags of popcorn or pop about 7 oz. popcorn kernels.
- In a large tub, (or 2 large bowls) drizzle melted white chocolate over popcorn. Mix and fluff as you go. Your looking for a light coat of chocolate on the popcorn -- too much will make the popcorn soggy and spongy.
- Let popcorn cool in the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens. This is a great time to scoop servings of the popcorn into large ziplock baggys for easy storage.
- **Try bringing this to the party/couch/campout/slumberparty and letting your guest discover that it's not ordinary popcorn on their own ;) It's the greatest 1/2 a sec. in your life before you figure out what's goin' on.