Prep 45 mins
Cook 3 hrs 10 mins
Sometimes I add candied cherries to this recipe for the holidays
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup shelled roasted pistachios
- In a 2 quart saucepan, combine sugar, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and salt to a boil over medium heat.
- lower to simmer and cook for 20-30 minutes, (236*).soft ball stage on candy thermometer.
- remove from heat and wipe crystals from sides of pan with wooden spoon.
- add chocolate.DO NOT STIR.
- cool to lukewarm.about 110*.
- when thickened and smooth, add vanilla.
- fold in pistachios.
- pour into 8x8" square buttered pan.
- cool and then cut into squares.
- to roast pistachios.
- spread in an 8"x8" pam and bake at low temperature (250*) for 1 1/2 hours.
- this fudge will keep in an air tight container for some time.