Recipe by fluffernutter
The pistachios and dried cranberries give this a kind of subtle red and green look, for a Martha Stewart-y Christmas appeal. The recipe originated with Cafe Momo in Durham NC (go Tarheels!), and the recipe is from Carolina Thyme, the cookbook of the Durham/Orange County Junior League.
Top Review by Stylin'Dog
This is definitely a 5 star recipe! Very easy, too. I used a bit more cranberries (maybe 10-12 oz total), so had to add extra white chocolate, too (maybe 20 oz total). I made this up for christmas gifts, but after tasting it, I might have to keep a bit for myself and my family!
- 1 1⁄2 cups shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 16 ounces fine quality white chocolate, such as lindt or ghirardelli
- 8 ounces dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the pistachios in the oven at 350 degrees or in a dry skillet on the stovetop; they go from perfect to burnt quickly, so watch closely.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Chop the chocolate and melt in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, or in the microwave oven, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the cranberries and pistachios.
- Pour onto the foil-lined sheet, spreading evenly; chill for 1 hour or until set.
- Remove from foil and break into pieces.