From Family Cookbook Project. A holiday favorite by Robin Walker that is now one of ours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, diced
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peppermint baking chips
- 3/4 cup chilled buttermilk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon french vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
For Candy Cane Cream
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup crushed candy cane
- mint leaf, crushed peppermint candies
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- 2In a large bowl, sift together flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in white chocolate morsels and peppermint baking chips.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg yolk, vanilla extract and peppermint extract. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture; mix until dough comes together in moist clumps. Gather dough into a ball and knead for 2 to 3 turns. Place on a lightly floured surface and pat to about 1/2-inch thickness.
- 4Using a 4-inch cutter, cut out dough (cut straight down, do not twist). Transfer to prepared baking sheet, spacing 1 inch apart.
- 5Whisk 1/4 cup water with 1 egg and brush over tops of scones. Lightly sprinkle scones with remaining tablespoon of sugar. Bake scones for 18 to 20 minutes, or until light golden brown. Serve with Candy Cane Cream, if desired.
- 6Candy Cane Cream:.
- 7In a medium bowl, beat cream and candy canes at medium speed with an electric mixer until medium peaks form. Garnish with mint leaf and crushed peppermint candies, if desired.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Peppermint Scones
Serving Size: 1 (1045 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.0
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 67.8 mg
- Sodium 223.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: