Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I found this gem in the debbie Macomber christmas cookbook. It will be served on my christmas dessert buffet this year.. for the crust I used girl scout thin mints I had frozen
- 10 ounces mint flavored chocolate sandwich style cookies
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 10 peppermint patty candies, halved
- to make the crust preheat oven to 350.
- wrap foil inside and around sides of 9 inch springform pan.
- in a food processor, pulse cookies into fine crumbs add four tablespoons melted butter and process until crumbs are moist and hold together.
- press crumbs into bottom and up sides of pan. bale for ten minutes and transer to a wire rack to cool.
- for filling, in a large bowl beat cream cheese with electric mixer until fluffy.
- gradually beat in sugar, flour, vanilla and peppermint.
- scrape down sides of bowl.
- add eggs one at a time beating after each addition.
- mix in sour cream until well blended.
- carefully pour filling into crust.
- place foil wrapped pan in a larger deep pan.
- heat water in a kettle and pour into larger pan til it reaches halfway up sides of cake pan.
- bake for 1 hour and ten minutes until edges are set and center jiggles.
- transer to a wire rack to cool.
- loosesly cover cake and refrigerate until cold.
- for the glaze melt white chocolate and butter in a bowl and set over saucepan of hot water stirring often.
- remove from heat.
- whisk in confectioner's sugar and cream.
- drizzle glaze over cooled cake.
- artfully arrange peppermint pattys on top of cake.