Recipe by DailyInspiration
Another delicious-sounding recipe from my "I love Chocolate" cookbook. My friends and family are really in store for some delicious goodies this holiday season.
Top Review by diner524
Wow is this a very easy recipe and makes some great candy!!! I made 1/4 of the recipe, as I am making so many goodies for the holidays, but might have to make another batch, lol!! I used roasted/salted almonds in place of the pecans, as I am the only one in the family that like pecans. I like white chocolate, but not as well as milk chocolate and was surprised by how well I like it. I did use a 4 oz. bar of Ghiradelli's white chocolate which worked out wonderfully. Thanks for sharing the recipe Nancy. Made for "Sweet December" event.
- 1 lb white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped (can also use pistachios)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. In a double boiler melt the chocolate with the butter and oil over hot (not simmering) water, stirring constantly until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Remove the top part of the double boiler and stir the nuts into the melted chocolate . Pour the chocolate mixture out onto the prepared cookie sheet. Spread randomly to the desired thickness. Refrigerate 20-30 minutes, or until set.
- Slide a metal spatula under the chocolate to loosen from the foil. Break into uneven pieces . Store in an airtight container or in the refrigerator. Prep time includes refrigeration time.