- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 ounces white chocolate baking squares, chopped (I use Baker's)
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 9-inch baked pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter,sugar,and corn syrup,cook over low heat,stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Let cool slightly.
- Add chopped nuts and next 3 ingredients,mix well.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Sprinkle with 2/3 of chopped wite chocolate.
- Top with pecan halves.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until set.
- Cover with aluminum foil last 10 minutes of baking to prevent over-browning.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Put remaining chocolate in small,heavy duty zip lock bag.
- Place bag in hot water until chocolate melts (make sure bag is sealed!) Snip small hole in corner of bag,drizzle chocolate over pie.