Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
From the Magnolia Bakery.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans
- 2⁄3 cup coarsely chopped white chocolate (Lindt is recommended)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a bowl, combinte the first 3 ingredients; set aside.
- In a larger bowl, cream the butter with the sugars for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Add in the egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the pecans and white chocolate.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet (leav room for expansion).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes; then tranfer to wire rack to cool completely.
I found this recipe while looking for something to make with a partial bag of butterscotch chips, so I went ahead and made it using those instead of the white chocolate. The butterscotch chips complimented the toasted pecans nicely. Very good. Would make again.
Delicious! Toasting the pecans is mandatory - adds a really nice element of flavour!! Cookies are chewy on the inside & crunchy on the outside. I just used Chipits white chocolate chips & that was fine, too.
Nice treat. Made exactly 3 doz., which is perfect for the 2 of us. :)