Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From the Magnolia Bakery.
Top Review by jagmichigan
I found this recipe while looking for something to make with a partial bag of butterscotch chips, so I went ahead and made it using those instead of the white chocolate. The butterscotch chips complimented the toasted pecans nicely. Very good. Would make again.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans
- 2⁄3 cup coarsely chopped white chocolate (Lindt is recommended)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a bowl, combinte the first 3 ingredients; set aside.
- In a larger bowl, cream the butter with the sugars for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Add in the egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the pecans and white chocolate.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet (leav room for expansion).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes; then tranfer to wire rack to cool completely.