Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this in TOH. Haven't tried them yet, but am going to for my Christmas gift trays. They sound yummy! Cooking time is a guess as it's hard to say how long they need to chill/freeze before they will be easy to coat!
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 3⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 10 ounces peanut butter chips
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 lbs white candy coating
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 teaspoon shortening (optional)
- Line a 13x9 pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, evaporated milk and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter chips until melted. Add the marshmallow creme, nuts and vanilla. Stir until blended. Pour into prepared pan. Cool. Remove from pan and cut into 1" squares. Place on waxed-paper lined baking sheets. Freeze or refrigerate until firm. In microwave, melt candy coating. Stir until smooth. Dip the squares in the coating and place on wax-paper lined baking sheets until set. If desired, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over the squares. Store in airtight container.