Recipe by LilPinkieJ
I found this recipe when I was looking through a book on Girl Scout activity ideas. I have not tried it, but would like to when we have our next Troop SWAP. Did you know popcorn kernels can pop up to 3 feet in the air?
- 1⁄4 cup popcorn
- vegetable oil
- fine salt
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces white chocolate, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a clean paper shopping bag or oversized mixing bowl. Heat a large heavy pan over medium heat and film the bottom with vegetable oil. Add the popcorn, shake to distribute, then put a lid on the pan. Leave a small crack for steam to escape. When the popcorn starts popping, shake vigorously to make sure the kernels pop evenly. When the popping slows, take the pan off the heat.
- Pour the popcorn into the paper bag or bowl to cool, being careful to leave any unpopped kernels in the pan. Lightly salt the popcorn to taste.
- Mix the honey and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Let it simmer for a couple minutes, then remove from the heat and add the peanut butter. Stir vigorously until all the peanut butter is melted, and then mix in the vanilla.
- Immediately pour the peanut butter caramel over the popcorn and stir with a long-handled wooden spoon until it's all coated. Pour onto a greased cookie sheet. Drizzle with white chocolate.