Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These brownies combine three wonderful things into a luscious treat.
- 1 cup white chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Line a 9 inch pan with foil and lightly grease.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low-medium heat or carefully in the microwave. Once the butter has melted, remove it from the heat and add the chopped white chocolate. Keep stirring until the chocolate softens.
- Stir in the sugar, vanilla, and salt. Mix well. Let the mixture cool to lukewarm.
- Beat in the eggs, then add the peanut butter and mix until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Stir into the butter mixture.
- Add in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips once you are sure the butter and flour mixture has cooled so the chips dont melt.
- Spoon the batter into the pan, and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake the brownies for about 25 minutes until theyre light golden brown and the edges pull just slightly away from the pan. Cool completely before cutting.
On 11/16/11 I was looking in my Dessert Cookbook for a "Sweet Treat " and came across this one,and decided to make it.For the white chocolate, white chocolate chips were melted down and used.Also I didn't have bittersweet chocolate chips,so semi-sweet were used.Other than those changes the recipe was made as written. I forgot to line the pan with foil,but I did grease it.After baking and cooling, the brownies were cut and removed from the pan very easily.The taste was better than my SO and I expected. I think when I make these again, I'm going to use an 8 x 8 in.pan for a thicker bar.Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "