Recipe by scarley
Top Review by berry271
Made recently for a VBS closing program. Was enjoyed. Easy to put together and you can switch up the cereals and add ins to work with what you have available. Especially liked the sweet/salty combo with the pretzels and nuts covered in the chocolate. I saw this in an old (Dec./Jan. 1996) issue of Taste of Home.
- 5 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 5 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 lb chocolate M&M'
- 1 (10 ounce) package small pretzels
- 2 (12 ounce) packages vanilla chips
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients; set aside. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chips and oil at 70% power for 1 minute, stirring once. Microwave on high for 5 seconds; stir until smooth.
- Pour over cereal mixture and mix well. Spread onto three waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cool; break apart. Store in an airtight container.