Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is one of my favorite things to make for meetings,parties and gift giving.It is wonderful to give as a gift at any time of the year and for any occasion. Ingredients can be varied to preference. you will get rave reviews. Enjoy!!!
- 16 cups popped popcorn
- 3 cups frosted Cheerios
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- 1 (14 ounce) packagemilk chocolate M&M's
- 1 (10 ounce) package pretzel sticks
- 1 (10 ounce) package English toffee bits (or almond brickle Bits- or skor chips)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages vanilla chips or 2 (10 ounce) packages white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chips and oil, stir until smooth.
- Pour over popcorn mixture and toss to coat.
- Immediately spread onto two baking sheets.
- let stand until dry, about 2 hours.
- store in an airtight container.
- Cooking time is cooling time.
great party mix! Love the crunch of the pecans and the sweetness of the add ons to the popcorn. I used butterscotch chips with vanilla instead of white chocolate though and omitted the cheerios as I didn't have it on hand. Still, it was great! Mmm! Thanks for a keeper! Will be great for give aways and parties. Made for Aus tag #25.
Pretty much made this as indicated, for a group I host each month, although I did up only half a recipe, this time around! I now have the recipe included in my Holiday Gifts to Make cookbook, so that tells you something! Even passed out a handful of copies of the recipe! Thanks for sharing this wonderful party mix recipe! [Made & reviewed as a kidnapped recipe in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #16]