1/1 Photo of White Chocolate Parfait
This is a really elegant recipe, great for entertaining. This recipe takes a long time to make,but it is really worth it if you want to impress, or for special occasions, or maybe just because. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 10 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup dried coconut
- 1/2 cup canned sweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted macadamia nuts
- 1Line the bottom and sides of a 6 cup terrine mold (10x4 inches) with plastic wrap.
- 2Place the chopped white chocolate and 1/2 cup of the cream in top of a double boiler or in a heatproof bowl set over hot water. Stir until melted and smooth, set aside.
- 3Put 1 cup of the cream and the milk in a pan and bring to the boiling point.
- 4Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in a large bowl until thick and pale.
- 5Add the hot cream mixture to the yolks, beating constantly. Pour back into the saucepan and cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes, until thickened. Stir constantly and do not boil. remove the pan from the heat.
- 6Add the melted chocolate, dried coconut and coconut milk, then stir well and let cool.
- 7Whip the remaining cream until thick, then fold into the chocolate & coconut mixture.
- 8Put 2 cups of the parfait mixture into the prepared mold and spread evenly. Cover and freeze for about 2 hours, until just firm. Cover the remaining mixture and chill.
- 9Sprinkle the macadamia nuts evenly over the frozen parfait. Pour in the remaining parfait mixture. Cover the terrine and freeze for 6-8 hours or overnight, until parfait is firm.
- 10To make the icing, melt the chocolate with the butter and syrup in top of a double boiler set over hot water. Stir occasionally.
- 11Heat the cream in a saucepan until just simmering, then stir into the chocolate mixture. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool until lukewarm.
- 12To turn out the parfait, wrap the terrine in a hot towel and set it upside down on a plate. Lift off the terrine mold, then peel off the plastic wrap. Place the parfait ona rack over a baking sheet and pour the icing evenly over the top. Working quickly, smooth the icing down the sides with a spatula. Let set slightly, then freeze for another 3-4 hours. Cut into slices using a blade dipped in hot water. Serve, garnished with curls of fresh coconut.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Parfait
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 775.4
- Calories from Fat 662
- Total Fat 73.5 g
- Saturated Fat 39.1 g
- Cholesterol 317.9 mg
- Sodium 131.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 18.3 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweetened coconut milk