Recipe by Buster's friend
Delicate & cool with two kinds of chocolate for an easy but elegant & satisfying dessert. From those talented folks at Southern Living. Panna cotta needs to chill 24 hours before serving. I like to make in ramekins & invert the panna cotta onto serving plates in puddle of warm dark chocolate sauce. Make the dark chocolate sauce shortly before serving & drizzle it on the cold panna cottas immediately before serving. Garnish with mint sprigs if you want to gild the lily.
Top Review by joanna_giselle
This was a lovely panna cotta with the white chocolate flavour coming through and blending well with the dark chocolate sauce. I doubled the recipe and it made 8 servings which I put into a mini-bundt pan. The only complaint I got was that the chocolate sauce would have been better if it had been a bit sweet, (perhaps milk chocolate instead of dark?) and it also would have been even better served with crispy ice-cream wafers to offset the creaminess. Personally I thought it was just perfect, very easy to make and very impressive to serve at a dinner. Thanks for posting the recipe.
For Panna Cotta
- 1⁄4 ounce unflavored gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk, divided
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
For Dark Chocolate Sauce
- 3 ounces dark baking chocolate, bar chopped
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- For Panna Cotta:.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup milk in a small bowl; stir until moistened. Let stand 5 minutes. (Mixture will be lumpy.).
- Cook whipping cream, chocolate morsels, and sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until morsels are melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, and add gelatin mixture, stirring until mixture is dissolved.
- Stir in remaining 1 1/4 cups milk.
- Pour mixture evenly into 4 to 6 stemmed glasses or 6 (8-oz.) ramekins. Cover and chill 24 hours. Serve with Dark Chocolate Sauce. Garnish, if desired.
- For Dark Chocolate Sauce:.
- Microwave chocolate and cream in a small microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Drizzle spoonfuls on panna cotta immediately before serving if using stemmed glasses or invert the panna cottas onto a puddle of the chocolate sauce.