Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is based off a combination of 2 recipes I found on this site. I had to tweak each to make one that would use up all the ingredients I had on hand. This cake tastes even better the second day and, although you can glaze it with a simple orange glaze, I like it without any glaze. It tastes great with morning coffee!
- 1 cup poppy seed
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (1 ounce) box sugar-free instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Stir together poppyseeds and boiling water.
- Add cake mix, pudding mix, orange extract, and oil.
- Stir together and let mixture cool a minute before adding eggs.
- Beat on high speed with an electric mixer for 4 minutes.
- Mixture will seem quite thick, but be sure to thoroughly mix it.
- Pour into the greased bundt pan and bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the thickest part comes out clean.