Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from the box of Baker's White Chocolate Squares. I make this when I want to show off and impress company.
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 6 ounces baker's white chocolate
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 egg whites
- candied orange peel
- Grease strips of wax paper and line them on the sides of 8 1/2-inch springform pan.
- Mix together, crumbs, sugar, margarine and rind and press onto the bottom of the prepared pan; chill.
- Melt chocolate over hot water using a double boiler or by melting in the microwave.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Sprinkle gelatin over orange mixture in saucepan.
- Let stand 5 minutes so it can become soft.
- Stir mixture over low heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- Fold chocolate into whipped cream.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into chocolate mixture.
- Gradually stir in gelatin mixture until it is well incorporated.
- Pour mixture over crust.
- Chill for 3 hours or until set.
- Garnish with candied orange peel if you wish.
- Garnish: Cut rind from oranges into thin strips removing white pith.
- Boil rind in 1 cup water for 3 minutes.
- Strain and throw away water.
- Bring 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water to boil.
- Add rind and boil for 5 minutes; strain.