Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Wonderful cookie! 8)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In medium bowl, cream butter and sugars until smooth.
- Stir in egg and vanilla extract.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the oats, white chocolate chips and the pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from sheets to cool on racks.
I made these for church last week just to break away from the typical fare: either chocolate chip cookies or oatmeal raisin. They were an absolute hit! I had people coming over and asking for the recipe. I did make a slight substitution: instead of the 1 1/2 cup rolled oats I used 3/4 Cup rolled and 3/4 cup quick. I wasn't sure I would like the texture with only rolled oats. In any case, they turned out delicious. A little on the sweet side, but I didn't hear anyone complain :) Oh, and they did take a longer thant the 12 mins. stated baking. At least in my oven. So you might just want to keep an eye on them till you see them turn a nice golden color.