1 hr 5 mins
Use good quality white chocolate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped (may use 12 oz. white chocolate chips)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk (do not use nonfat)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1In a mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt until uniform; set aside.
- 2Add 4 ounces white chocolate and all the butter in the top of a double boiler set over simmering water.
- 3Stir constantly until half the chocolate and butter is melted.
- 4Remove the top of the double boiler; continue stirring, away from the heat, until the mixture is smooth; cool for 10 minutes.
- 5In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg and sugar until thick and pale yellow (approx 2 minutes).
- 6Whisk in the cooled chocolate mixture until smooth; whisk in the milk and vanilla.
- 7Use a wooden spoon and stir in the remaining chopped white chocolate.
- 8Stir in flour mixture just until moistened.
- 9Fill muffin tins that have been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, 3/4 full.
- 10Bake in a 375°F oven for 20 minutes OR until muffins are browned with sightly rounded tops and pick comes out clean.
- 11Set pan on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- 12Turn muffins out of pan; cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- 13If storing or freezing muffins, cool completely before sealing in airtight container or in freezer-safe plastic bags.
- 14•Alternative--White Chocolate Orange Muffins: add 2 teaspoons orange extract or 1/2 teaspoon orange oil with the vanilla.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1051 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.0
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 136.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 2.9 g