Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 10 mins
It comes from a WW book my godmother got me for my birthday. me and my friend nic cooked it, and it was great fun. Don't cook it in a springform pan, it will leak. A nice idea for garnishing is grated milk chocolate, hence why we ended up grating the chocolate off kit kats.
- preheat oven to quite low. Grease 20cm pan , and lne with baking paper.
- Combine butter, chocolate,sugar, and milk in a saucepan and stir over low heat with a wooden spoon without boiling until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl, and cool for 15 minutes.
- Whisk in flours then vanilla and egg, and pour mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake cake for 1 hour, then cover loosely with foil and bake for another hour. Discard foil, stand for 5 mins, then turn out onto a wire cooling rack turn upsidedown to cool.
- Bring cream to the boil, then pour over the chocolate n a small bowl, stirring until the chocolate melts. cover, refridgerate, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes, or until spreadable.
- Place cake on a serving plate and spread with ganache. Decorate as wished.