Recipe by Karin...
Simply delectable! I use White Toblerone Chocolate for this recipe -(2 100g bars/blocks plus a half). A bit extravagant perhaps but if you only make this dessert once in a while, what the heck!! I last made it at Christmas - the 2 colours (red and white) and the garnish (mint leaves), made it visually very appealing and ofcourse Christmasy!!
Top Review by Jason H.
Was suspicious about this but tried it anyway. Bad idea. Following recipe and ended up with useless soup of cream, melted chocolate and egg. Never any mention of what to do with gelatin, yet it's in the ingredients list. Again, I should of known ahead of time - but don't try this. Needs some major revisions and added steps/ techniques.
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 250 g white chocolate, chopped
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 pint raspberries
- caster sugar, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cream and chocolate in a saucepan, and stir over low heat until the chocolate is melted.
- Blend the eggs and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour in the chocolate mixture slowly and continue to blend as you pour.
- Now pour the Chocolate Mousse mixture into 6 lightly greased moulds.
- Cover and refrigerate until set.
- Prepare the Raspberry Coulis by pureeing the raspberries with caster sugar to taste then sieve.
- TO SERVE: unmould the White Chocolate Mousses onto serving plates,and pour Raspberry Coulis around each mousse.
- Garnish each plate with a couple of fresh mint leaves and 2-3 raspberries.