Recipe by gailanng
I've had this for so long that I can no longer remember where I picked it up. The one thing I do know is that it's delicious! The ganache filling is superb with the combination of white chocolate. I didn't include chill time.
Top Review by Sugar Fairy
I love this dessert! Not only is it absolutely beautiful, but the flavor and texture make this amazing. I will totally be making this again and again! I'll be posting pictures soon. Thank you!
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted (1/2 stick)
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 lb white chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups chilled whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin (1 packet)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- additional Oreo cookies, crumbled for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter 10" springform pan.
- Finely grind cookies in food processor; add melted butter and blend until combined. Press crust mixture into the bottom of prepared pan.
- Bring cream to a simmer in a heavy medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low; add chocolate and whisk until melted and smooth. Pour chocolate mixture over crust. Chill.
- Combine white chocolate and 1 cup cream in top of double boiller. Stir over simmering water until melted and smooth. Remove from over water. Cool to barely lukewarm.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup water in heavy small saucepan. Let stand 5 minutes to soften. Stir over low heat until gelatin dissolves. Pour into large bowl.
- Add 2 remaining cups cream and vanilla; stir to combine.
- Beat cream-gelatin mixture to soft peaks; fold in white chocolate mixture. Pour into crust.
- Refrigerate until filling is set, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Run a small, sharp knife around pan sides to loosen torte. Release pan sides.
- Sprinkle top with chopped cookies.