1/3 Photos of White Chocolate Mousse Torte With Oreo Cookie Crust
I've had this for so long that I can no longer remember where I picked it up. The one thing I do know is that it's delicious! The ganache filling is superb with the combination of white chocolate. I didn't include chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (1/2 stick)
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2Butter 10" springform pan.
- 3Finely grind cookies in food processor; add melted butter and blend until combined. Press crust mixture into the bottom of prepared pan.
- 4Bring cream to a simmer in a heavy medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low; add chocolate and whisk until melted and smooth. Pour chocolate mixture over crust. Chill.
- 6Combine white chocolate and 1 cup cream in top of double boiller. Stir over simmering water until melted and smooth. Remove from over water. Cool to barely lukewarm.
- 7Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup water in heavy small saucepan. Let stand 5 minutes to soften. Stir over low heat until gelatin dissolves. Pour into large bowl.
- 8Add 2 remaining cups cream and vanilla; stir to combine.
- 9Beat cream-gelatin mixture to soft peaks; fold in white chocolate mixture. Pour into crust.
- 10Refrigerate until filling is set, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- 11Run a small, sharp knife around pan sides to loosen torte. Release pan sides.
- 12Sprinkle top with chopped cookies.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Mousse Torte With Oreo Cookie Crust
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 601.5
- Calories from Fat 448
- Total Fat 49.8 g
- Saturated Fat 29.6 g
- Cholesterol 102.8 mg
- Sodium 158.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 27.4 g
- Protein 6.9 g