I've had this for so long that I can no longer remember where I picked it up. The one thing I do know is that it's delicious! The ganache filling is superb with the combination of white chocolate. I didn't include chill time.
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted (1/2 stick)
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 lb white chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups chilled whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin (1 packet)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- additional Oreo cookies, crumbled for garnish
- Butter 10" springform pan.
- Finely grind cookies in food processor; add melted butter and blend until combined. Press crust mixture into the bottom of prepared pan.
- Bring cream to a simmer in a heavy medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low; add chocolate and whisk until melted and smooth. Pour chocolate mixture over crust. Chill.
- Combine white chocolate and 1 cup cream in top of double boiller. Stir over simmering water until melted and smooth. Remove from over water. Cool to barely lukewarm.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup water in heavy small saucepan. Let stand 5 minutes to soften. Stir over low heat until gelatin dissolves. Pour into large bowl.
- Add 2 remaining cups cream and vanilla; stir to combine.
- Beat cream-gelatin mixture to soft peaks; fold in white chocolate mixture. Pour into crust.
- Refrigerate until filling is set, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Run a small, sharp knife around pan sides to loosen torte. Release pan sides.
- Sprinkle top with chopped cookies.
I love this dessert! Not only is it absolutely beautiful, but the flavor and texture make this amazing. I will totally be making this again and again! I'll be posting pictures soon. Thank you!
5 stars are not enough for this luscious, creamy, rich, light and chocolatey dessert. The truffle layer really makes it extra special. It was surprisingly easy to make, too. We just loved it. I will be making this again for the holidays. This is a real KEEPER! Thanks, GailAnn! Made for Photo Tag.