Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 hrs
No bake but not for the faint hearted. With an amaretti base.
- 30 amaretti cookies
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 14 ounces white chocolate
- 2 cups heavy cream, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup milk, room temperature
- You will need a 9 inch springform pan greased and lined with wax paper.
- Crush the cookies until they look like fine crumbs. Transfer to a bowl and mix with the melted butter. Tip into pan and press firmly over the base with a spoon or your fingertips.
- Break chocolate into pieces and melt in heatproof bowl then using and electric mixer beat until mix leaves a ribbon like trail on surface when beaters are lifted out.
- Use a large metal spoon stir in a spoonful of the cream into the chocolate to slaken then immediately pour into the remaining cream mix. Stir vigorously until smooth and mousse like. Don't worry about tiny lumps of chocolate.
- Pour into prepared pan and swirl on top. Cover and refrigerate overnight. When set remove the pan but leave the base on and peel off the collar. Let stand for a few minutes to soften then cut into thin slices and serve.