1 hr 35 mins
This is the best stuff I have ever put in my mouth. Someone brought this to a potluck at church and she was so overwhelmed with requests for the recipe that she typed it up and handed it out to everyone. It is divine with strawberries, but probably any fruit of your choice will work also. She doubled this recipe to fit a 9x13 inch pan, but I am posting the recipe as given to me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2Preheat oven to 275*.
- 3Combine egg whites with cream of tartar and salt, beat until foamy.
- 4Gradually add sugar while beating to form stiff glossy peaks and then fold in vanilla.
- 5Spread over bottom and sides of a well-greased 9 inch pie plate.
- 6Bake 50 minutes then turn oven off and let cool in oven without removing.
- 8In a double boiler, melt chocolate and cream cheese with liqueur and water until smooth.
- 9Let the chocolate mixture cool to about 85 degrees. (A small dab on your upper lip should feel slightly cool and not burn your lip.) If it is too cold, the mixture could be grainy.
- 10While the chocolate mixture is cooling, whip the cream in a bowl until it is thickened and barely beginning to hold a shape. (When you tilt the bowl, it should flow to one side, fluffy, but still pourable and not stiff.).
- 11Scrape the cream into the chocolate mixture and fold carefully until fully incorporated. (It will seem too soft, but it will firm up, promise.).
- 12Pour mixture over cooled meringue and refrigerate.
- 13Before serving, top with sliced strawberries and dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Mousse Filled Meringue W/Strawberries
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.4
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 70.9 mg
- Sodium 114.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 33.5 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: