Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious treat is easy to make. Prep time does not include two hours chilling time.
- 12 (1 ounce) white chocolate baking squares, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, combine chocolate and 2/3 cup cream.
- Cook and stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Cool to room temperature.
- In small mixing bowl, beat remaining cream with confectioners' sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Fold about 1/4 cup into chocolate mixture.
- Fold in remaining whipped cream mixture.
- Spoon into dessert dishes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
I followed this recipe down to a T. At first, it turned out as a sweet whipped cream. I waited another 4 hours. Finally, it seemed ready to put on my cake. I put it on, and after waiting overnight, i checked on it. It turned into a hard creamed cheese. I have performed many recipes like this, but i thought that I'd give this one a try. Ever again.
Yummy and rich. I added a packet of hazelnut cocoa to it before whipping. Plan to top with cookie crumb topping
I made this as a filler between a layer cake. I used ghiradelli white chips (11oz) bag and remaining ingredients as listed. However, I placed chips and cream in the microwave in 30 sec increments. Turned out awesome! After it set (plan to wait a while for this) I spread it between dark chocolate cake layers (8"). There was enough left over to make (5) 1/2 cup servings that I put mini chocolate chips on after completely set. Everyone loved it! Super easy and greet tasting...especially between cake layers. On its own was good...but needs a little contrast with it. Fruit, chocolate chips, raspberry swirl. Nothing major...just a little something.