Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious treat is easy to make. Prep time does not include two hours chilling time.
Make and share this White Chocolate Mousse recipe from Food.com.
- 12 (1 ounce) white chocolate baking squares, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, combine chocolate and 2/3 cup cream.
- Cook and stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Cool to room temperature.
- In small mixing bowl, beat remaining cream with confectioners' sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Fold about 1/4 cup into chocolate mixture.
- Fold in remaining whipped cream mixture.
- Spoon into dessert dishes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
I made this as a filler between a layer cake. I used ghiradelli white chips (11oz) bag and remaining ingredients as listed. However, I placed chips and cream in the microwave in 30 sec increments. Turned out awesome! After it set (plan to wait a while for this) I spread it between dark chocolate cake layers (8"). There was enough left over to make (5) 1/2 cup servings that I put mini chocolate chips on after completely set. Everyone loved it! Super easy and greet tasting...especially between cake layers. On its own was good...but needs a little contrast with it. Fruit, chocolate chips, raspberry swirl. Nothing major...just a little something.
This was easy to make and yet oh so good. The whole family enjoyed it. I followed the recipe exactly as written.
This is a perfect and versatile recipe! I wanted to just make regular chocolate mousse so I used a packet of Baker's bittersweet squares and a pint of cream (no measuring!) I sprinkled it with white chocolate flakes; to resemble my favorite chocolate mousse the Food Exchange no longer sells. Mine didn't taste quite the same, but was delish no less. This is a great recipe because it's simple, requires very little measuring, and best of all no eggs and thus very little mess. Will make over and over with different types of chocolate and different extracts!