White Chocolate Mint Whoopie Pies
- Preheat oven to 375. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- For Cookies: Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat together sugar, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Stir in milk. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until edges appear set, 7 to 9 minutes. Cool on pan 1 minute. Remove to wire rack and cool completely.
- For White Chocolate Mint Buttercream Filling: Combine white chocolate and 3 tablespoons cream in microwave-safe bowl. Heat for one minute at medium (50%) power, stirring at 30-second intervals until melted and smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixture on medium speed until creamy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar, the remaining 2 tablespoons heavy cream, mint extract, vanilla and salt on low speed until blended.
- To assemble, spread the bottom sides of half the cookies with the White Chocolate Mint Buttercream Filling. Top with the remaining cookies, bottom sides down; press gently together. Sprinkle the edges of the buttercream with crushed peppermint candies.